Gdk::Pixbuf

Ay up all,

I was trying to load and thumb nail an image (as efficiently as possible)
last night, I played about a bit with Gdk::PixbufLoader and Gdk::Pixbuf.

As regards the former, I couldn't really figure out the steps needed to use
the thing, and the later, the methods in which I was interested (for example
the load_from_file method that is overloaded to include desired width,
height and sampling mode) appeared to be missing from pixbuf.h (which I just
Freudian typod as pixbug.h :)

So, I suppose the question for the list is, which is the best of these two
approaches, and knowing that, how do I got about putting the approach to
practical use considering the problems I mentioned.

Hope that is nice and clear.

Many thanks all!

Cheers,

Gaz