Re: What is gtkmm default font and size?

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 14:48, John Taber wrote:
> When a gtkmm program (and any gtk program for that matter) runs under
> Gnome, the fonts are nice, but when it is run under KDE, the fonts are
> terrible - what font and size does gtkmm default to?  I would assume this
> is best addressed from the user settings (in KDE the Control Center allows
> user to select font and size for various types).

If you are running it under KDE then the gnome settings daemon will not be
running.  You have two options:

1.  Amend/provide {gtkdir}/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc to specify fonts and anything
else you think important.

2.  Start {gnomedir}/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon in the startkde script,
which will pick up all your Gnome settings, including fonts and styles.

Chris.

--
Summer is y-cumen in, lhude sing, cuccu!
Groweth sed and bloweth med, springeth the wude nu.