Re: Glib::SignalProxy<T> and emit()?

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 21:51 +0200, Matthias Kaeppler wrote:

I noticed that the SignalProxy classes don't have an emit() method. How am I supposed to fire an event then?
I tried converting the proxy to a normal sigc::signal, but no luck.

"
You rarely need to emit GTK+ signals (not your own signals). If you
think you do then you maybe want to call one of the signal-emitting
methods, or some other method that more directly does what you want to
achieve. More details would help.

However, if you really want to, you can use the C API to emit the
signal.

The reason why I want to fire the event is that I want to delegate the event source. There is another thread I have opened which asks if this is generally a good idea or maybe not.

It's entitled "Design question: Picking event source"

I basically want to catch an event in widget A, and fire it again in widget B, because the client only knows and sees B and can only connect his listeners to widget B.

--
Matthias Kaeppler