Re: best way to use multiple windows

John Taber wrote:
> Well, it is heap vs stack - I am not sure which is really better for
> "normal" gui applications.  But I have always created my dialogs as
> pointers - it just seems more traditional c++.
Isn't that dangerous if exceptions are thrown? Why not let the compiler
do the dirty work? Remember that just the gtkmm instances like a
Gtk::Dialog are created on the stack, but they create their underlaying
GTK+ objects on the heap. This method seems to be the C++ way for me.

But if you like using dynamically allocated memory here, go on. I just
wanted to add another alternative how to display popup dialogs :)

 - Armin