Re: displaying html

John Taber wrote:

When I try to compile the gtkmozembedmm package, I get an error of not finding gtkmozembed - is it looking for the gtk program version? Has anyone got this working in gtkmm and can help me with what dependencies were required and any special steps? thks.
John

<snip>

Hey John,

Yeah, gtkmozembemm is the C++ wrapper for gtkmozembed. And yes, you must have the gtk version installed. As you can see from the string of posts I made about gtkmozembedmm, I never got it to work, even when I did have gtkmozembed installed properly. Its --cflags pkg-config results always pointed at a file that did not exist:

Running pkg-config --cflags gtkmozembedmm at the command line specifies
-I/opt/gnome/include/gtkmozembedmm-0.1 as it's first pre-processor
instruction.  Examination of the /opt/gnome/include/gtkmozembedmm-0.1
directory reveals that in the gtkmozembedmm subdirectory there is NO
gtkmozembedmm.h file, but rather another directory called "private" that
contains a file called "gtkmozembedmm_p.h"

My attempts to figure out to where it should point were feckless, as were my attempts to get any answers to this particular question from anyone on the list. I ended up using GtkHTML instead.

I hope you end up having better luck than I did.

Bob Caryl