set_extra_widget

hello all,

I have a class, derived from FileChooserDialog, that uses 'set_extra_widget' to show a number of possible 'save as' file types in a combo box (also a class).

however, what is the correct way to let the dialog know that a different file type has been selected?

I want to be able to adapt the text in the edit field, e.g.: when 'text *.txt' is selected in the combobox, the file name should become "input.txt"

bye, D.