static linking and images

Hi

I'm running into two problems I wasn't able to solve by myself:

1. I try to link a application static:
g++ -static -o make24 make24.cpp `pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --cflags --libs`
But that doesn't work:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgtkmm-2.4

But with normal linking, every just works fine. I use Debian Unstable.

2. I have a application that loads an image from a file to a Gtk::Image
If I start this app from the console, the image is loaded correctly. But if I
start it by clicking on the icon in konqueror, the image is not loaded. What
can be reasons for such a behavior?

If you need any further informations, tell me.

Thank in advance,
       Kevin