Re: Gtk::TextBuffer::signal_erase

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 17:44 +0100, Hagen M�s wrote:
> Hi list :)
>
> First of all I would like to know whether "signal_erase" is the same as
> what is called "delete-range" in gtk+?

I checked in textbuffer.hg. Yes, it is.

>  (Any reason why it had been renamed?)

I guess it conflicted with something else.

> Anyway, I assume that it is and that the two iterators to the callback
> function are indeed range_start and range_end.

Yes, those are the parameter names of on_erase. The signal itself should
have documented parameters, of course.

>  Strange enough this isn't
> documented in either gtk+ or gtkmm documentation!

That might be useful, but it's far more important to document what the
signal actually does, and what it's good for, and that seems like a GTK+
problem.

>  Is it just me, am I
> doing something seriously wrong, or is it really a bug: these two
> iterators are equal no matter how big the range I try to delete. Could
> someone please verify that?

Other than the name change there should be no difference compared to
using the C function. Please submit a bug if necessary.

www.openismus.com