Gtk::TextBuffer::signal_erase

Hi list :)

First of all I would like to know whether "signal_erase" is the same as what is called "delete-range" in gtk+? (Any reason why it had been renamed?)

Anyway, I assume that it is and that the two iterators to the callback function are indeed range_start and range_end. Strange enough this isn't documented in either gtk+ or gtkmm documentation! Is it just me, am I doing something seriously wrong, or is it really a bug: these two iterators are equal no matter how big the range I try to delete. Could someone please verify that?

Any input is highly appreciated, thx

Hagen.