no method 'Gdk::Colormap::get_system()'

I found the how-to for using gdk with gtkmm - it seems the step I was
missing was getting the system colormap.

This is the howto I was following:

http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/ch14.html

This is the line of code I used:

Gdk::Colormap some_colormap(Gdk::Colormap::get_system());

Unfortunately, this is my result:

no method `Gdk::Colormap::get_system'

I tried adding #include <gdk/gdk.h> to my C file, I tried changing the
line to a number of different things I found in google searches,
nothing was compilable. Has this function been changed or is there
another method I can use to get the colormap to work? Thanks for any
help!

 - Jeff