Re: glibmm-2.6 and gtkmm-2.6 naming conventions

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 12:08 +0100, Cedric Gustin wrote:
> Hi Murray,
>
> I will soon commit my win32-related changes to the CVS gtkmm (HEAD),
> including the project files for MSVC. But before doing that, I'd like to
> know what will be the naming conventions for glibmm and gtkmm 2.6 in the
> stable branch. Will the libraries be named libglibmm-2.6-*.so and
> libgtkmm-2.6-*.so,

No. And if we were going to do that then we would have already changed
the names to -2.5-*.so.

>  or do you plan to stick to libglibmm-2.4 and
> libgtkmm-2.4 ? And what about pangomm and atkmm ?

Yes, because gtkmm 2.6 will be ABI-compatible with gtkmm 2.6. We avoid
doing a break-and-parallel-install wherever possible.

> This is crucial for the name of the MSVC-generated libraries in the
> project files.

Thanks for the great work.

www.openismus.com