strange problem

After switching to the GNU autotools a strange problem occured in my program [this has at least something to do with GTKMM]: In my program there are, as usual, two different ways to load a file. You can pass a filename throgh argv or you can select a filename throgh a Gtk::FileChooserDialog while the app is running. Now the strange thing is, that when I load a file "throgh argv", so that the actual loading happens before Gtk::Main::run(...) it perfectly works. But when I try to load a file after the program has started I experience somekind of undefined behavour. Sometimes the prog freezes and sometimes I get strange segfaults - but not in the components of the interface, but deep down in the routines which are responsible for loading. I eaven have a test for loading/saving - and that test works fine. Besides I didn't get this error before switching to automake. So my assumtion is that the fault occurs at linking time - but I have no clue what it can be. I also tried switching from -lboost_date_time to lboost_date_time_mt [threadsave version] becuase it seems to me that Gtk is a multi threaded library - but that doesn't really help. Maybe somebody here had similar problems and knows what to do ...

antonio