Re: wrapping gtksourceview

Sounds like you are trying to wrap it into a gtkmm widget.
If so, I already have a working implementation of it that I'm using
for a personal project.

Paolo understandably didn't want to maintain it as part of
gtksourceview and he recommended I release it as gtksourceviewmm or
the like... However, I've just been too lazy to write the docs and set
up a web page for it. I haven't seen enough of a demand for it either
:-/ If you (or anyone) would like collaborate please send me a
message.

In answer to your first question, you can just #include
<gtkmm/private/textview_p.h> in sourceview_p.h (or whatever you named
it).  I don't really understand your second question..

-Jae