Re: CellRendererText::edited

On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 21:43 +0100, Antonio Coralles wrote:
> Can anybody tell me how CellRendererText::edited (const Glib::ustring&
> path, const Glib::ustring& new_text) should be used

I have added this documentation in cvs:

/** Emits the "edited" signal.
* This is useful when implementing custom CellRenderers.
*/

This is usually what something() functions do when there is a
signal_something().

> and in what relation it stands to CellRendererText::on_edited (const
> Glib::ustring& path, const Glib::ustring& new_text) ?

on_edited() is the default signal handler for signal_edited.

> If I override on_edited, should I call the base class on_edited(...)

Usually, yes.

>  or
> edited(...)

It's unlikely that you need to use this, I think.

>  after doing my custom stuff ? Is it possible that my
> assumption is true and edited(...) is only there to avoid a virtual
> function call when not neccesairy ?

No.

www.openismus.com