Re: gtkmm capabilities

Roel Vanhout wrote:
On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 13:13 -0700, John Taber wrote:

Our concerns in a nutshell:
gtkmm: we like the clean c++ syntax but scary library dependencies for
static builds, is it cross-platform enough(especially Windows), missing
html viewer, is librsvg cross-platform?

Unless your project is licensed under an LGPL compatible license, gtkmm is not an option for you if you want to link it statically.

IIRC, that's incorrect, because the project can be distributed such that the
user can link the separate LGPL objects.

Qt: pretty good but so damn expensive, vendor lock-in, hard to use
makefiles due to moc,

I like gtkmm better than I like Qt so don't get me wrong here, but if 3000$ is too much (compared to the expected revenue of your product and the time you'll have to spend writing things yourself) than you better think over your business plan again.