Re: Is Disptacher-functionality Gtkmm only?

On Saturday 31 December 2005 15:51, Daniel Kraft wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My system seems to have some problems with idle signals and the Dispatcher
> class (as I priviously posted); therefore I used pure GTK+ for idle
> signals, and it worked.
>
> Now I wanted to try the same for Dispatcher, but I couldn't find the GTK+
> equivalent! Is that a Gtkmm-added feature? If so, has anyone an idea how to
> do the same in GTK+ (although this is the wrong mailing list)?

Glib::Dispatcher doesn't use idle signals.  It uses a pipe to communicate
between threads.  It is specific to glibmm (it does not have an equivalent in
glib), but you can easily make your own with a pipe and a GIOChannel object.
If you have a problem with Glib::Dispatcher, it is almost certainly a coding
error in your code and not a problem with either glibmm or your "system".

Chris