Re: Toolbar buttons

My understanding of Gtk::Toolbar::set_toolbar_style is
that it lets you choose icons only, text only, or
both,
for the toolbar buttons. This corresponds to what
is user-configurable in some window managers under
"Desktop preferences" (and I agree that one should
not lightly ignore preferences that the user has set).

But what I would like is SMALLER icons. I'm obviously
not alone, because the OpenOffice.org people use an
toolbar icon size that looks right to me - presumably
they did some research on this - their user interface
in general has been widely praised. Screen real-estate
is expensive. The default gtk toolbar icons IMHO eat
up too much of it. YMMV and all that, but surely there
must be the option to choose the icon sizes that many
people prefer? The enum pointed out in another post in
this thread certainly suggests that there is.

So unless I've misunderstood, set_toolbar_style is
not the answer.

http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1Toolbar.html#06cf7edd236a0822882ad93f3178471a