Re: Toolbar buttons

My understanding is that you *should* leave this as it is... and the
users current theme will handle it.... In xfce4 you can change it in
User Interface options... that said however.... you can change it
with:

Gtk::Toolbar::set_toolbar_style(ToolbarStyle style)

and I think you'll be wanting to pass in Gtk::TOOLBAR_ICONS

Link: http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1Toolbar.html#06cf7edd236a0822882ad93f3178471a

Hope this helps.
Rob.