Re: gtkmm for Maemo

Murray,

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 03:25, Murray Cumming wrote:

> >> Yes, I did this so I could create the hildon-fmmm and hildon-widgetsmm
> >> projects. I built them from cvs, in a separate prefix. I had to
> >> installer
> >> newer automake and autoconf versions in the prefix too, but that should
> >> not be necessary when building from tarballs.
> >>

> > The versions of my scratchbox' autotools are (default):
> >
> > automake (GNU automake) 1.8.5
> > Autoconf version 2.13
> > ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.6
> >
> > and the versions of libraries I used are:
> >
> > glibmm-2.6.1.tar.bz2
> > gtkmm-2.6.5.tar.bz2
> >
> > Should I try upgrading autconf to 2.59?
>
> Yes, that's worth trying. I am surprised that you could build gtkmm
> without it.

I finally got around building both hildon-fmmm and hildon-widgetsmm for
SDK_ARM target.The trick was to set
sbox env vars:

export SBOX_DEFAULT_AUTOCONF=2.59
export SBOX_DEFAULT_AUTOMAKE=1.8
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

and from there straight ./configure && make && make install works.
I haven't tried --ignore-depricated, but next weekend will.

I also installed doxygen and attempted to generate documentation to no
avail (got some errors).

There is a typo in hildon-widgetsmm.pc with 'hildon-widgets' being
listed as a dependency rather then 'hildon-libs'.

-Vlad