Re: how to lock two sliders or spin buttons

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:39:31 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 00:14 -0500, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
>> I want to mimic the behavior of the knobs in volume control applications.
>> Usually there is a knob for the left speaker and another for the right
>> one, and a lock check button. If the lock is on, sliding one of the knobs
>> moves the other one simultaneously.
>
> I think these widgets can share a Gtk::Adjustment, which should make
> this happen.
> http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/ch05.html

It makes it happen, but then if I unlock the spin buttons (uncheck the
lock check button), then how do I make them work independently? Wouldn't
the two spin buttons have to have different Adjustements then?

Also, I'm building this in glade, which doesn't let me use a common
Adjustment, but that's a different story.