Re: AW: Attach invisible data to a TreeRow?

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 22:38 +0100, Marco wrote:
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/glibmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGlib_1_1RefPtr.html
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/ch18s02.html

RefPtr is not meant to be a general-purpose smartpointer. I don't
recommend using it with Widgets.

Unless I've completely misunderstood the entire memory managemeny scheme used by Gtk, once you call Gtk::manage(), you release all control of memory management to the library. In other words, explicitly calling a widget's destructor ( or implicitly via smart pointer reference counting ) would be 'bad'. I say 'bad' cause I'm not really sure what you'd run into. I imagine you'd start getting things like memory corruption errors or those fun messages about freeing the same memory segment multiple times. Anyway, thats just how I had understood things.

Paul