Re: GTKmm dialogs kill Inkscape on SGI IRIX with MIPSpro

On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 12:28:16PM +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
>On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 12:42 -0800, Jeremy Y. Meng wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been working on porting Inkscape to SGI IRIX platform by using
>> MIPSpro compiler set.  Now I have an Inkscape binary that is running
>> fine except that the instantiation of Gtkmm based dialogs generates
>> SIGSEGV/SIGBUS immediately.
>
>Can you reproduce this with any of the gtkmm examples? A small test case
>will be much easier for you to investigate.

GtkMM examples run fine.

I tried to derive a simple dialog from Gtk::Dialog and it works
without any problem.  However Inkscape uses a different approach to
create dialogs (dialog factory, static create() function, etc.),  I am
not sure.

On the other hand, I succesfully obtained an working Inkscape using
GCC.  I have to build and use static libraries of glibmm, gtkmm, along
with some other C++ libraries that are required by Inkscape.  During
the build I saw a lot of warnings about data alignment though.

Thanks for the help.

--
Jeremy