Re: Question regarding pc files in win32 gtkmm binary distribution...

On 12/7/05, Cedric Gustin <cedric gustin gmail com> wrote:
> Hi Douglas,
>
> R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> > Cedric Gustin wrote:
> > "As a side note, you can find win32 binaries of gtkmm at
> > http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/";
> >
> > Great! Thanks Cedric.
> >
> > I have a question, though. When I download the gtkmm 2.8 version and
> > install it, pkg-config reports paths beginning with "/target" instead
> > of my MinGW path (C:/MinGW). I wrote a script to basically "sed" the
> > proper path, but is there a better way? Maybe I'm not understanding
> > something about the distro?
>
> 1. If you used the same installation directory for GTK+ (which contains
> pkg-config.exe) and for gtkmm, there is nothing to change. pkg-config
> will automatically change /target into this root directory when you call
> 'pkg-config --cflags --libs gtkmm-2.4'
>
> 2. If you used two different directories, one solution is to set the
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable (Control
> Panel/System/Advanced/environment variables) to
> %gtkmm_root_dir%\lib\pkgconfig where %gtkmm_root_dir% is the root of
> your gtkmm installation.
>
> See the pkg-config manual for details.
>
> Anyway, if you use the gladewin32 installer for GTK+, simply install
> gtkmm in the same directory (default: C:\GTK) and everything will be
> taken care of. The two installers (GTK+ and gtkmm) are fully compatible.

I use the installer you gave in your link above, which works fine. It
then kicks off the auto-download of the gtk_setup.exe file (which I
assume is the gladwin32 installer?). I both tell installers to
download into c:\MinGW. For some reason, the *.pc GTK(MM) file still
have /target in them as their prefix value.

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug dooglio net