Re: Installing stable and development versions of gtkmm
- From: "Murray Cumming" <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: "Jonathon Jongsma" <jonathon jongsma gmail com>
- Cc: gtkmm-list <gtkmm-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Installing stable and development versions of gtkmm
- Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:54:39 +0100 (CET)
> I'm currently running Ubuntu Breezy with gtkmm 2.8 and I just do all
> my development against this version. Lately I've become interested in
> playing around with some of the new Cairo stuff in gtkmm HEAD. I'd
> rather keep my Ubuntu gtkmm package if possible, so It'd be nice to be
> able to install gtkmm CVS in parallel with the official package
> somehow. Does anybody else do something like this? Is it easy to do?
> My first thought was to build gtkmm from CVS using jhbuild. Is this
> the best way to do it?
> Are there any basic instructions on how to
> link with the correct version once it's installed?
Use "jhbuild shell". Then your terminal session has all the correct settings.
> Any issues to
> watch out for? Is cairomm added to the jhbuild moduleset yet?
Ah, I'll do that now.
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev