Re: convert gpointer to glib::ustring

Hey Anca,

Just typecast the return value to Glib::ustring:

   Glib::ustring *return_value = (Glib::ustring *)g_async_queue_pop(queue);

Cheers!

Bob

Anca Mitrica wrote:

Hi,
I am using g_async_queue_pop/push for communicating
between threads. I put a message in a g_async_queue
with g_async_queue_push, but when i am trying to pop
from the queue, i have a problem with the type of the
message.

When push into the queue, I do: Glib::ustring line;
g_async_queue_push(queue,&line);

I wanto to retrieve messages from the queue also as
Glib::ustring, but g_async_queue_pop returns a
gpointer.

How can i convert a gpointer to a Glib::ustring??? Can
anyone help me ???

Thank you,

Anca Mitrica