Re: Gtk::TreeStore question

On 2 Aug 2005, at 19:00, Bob Caryl wrote:

In all *my* applications that display Gtk::TreeStore objects in Gtk::TreeView widgets display a triangular shaped "carat" that points to the right if the parent item is unexpanded and points downwards if it is expanded.  I see plenty of other applications running on my desktop that display "plus" (+) and "minus" (-) signs instead of the carats.  Since different applications run both ways under the same desktop manager, I'm wondering how I can get the "plus" - "minus" version.  Any ideas guys?

Are all those other applications using GTK+ 2? GTK+ 1's tree control used + and - (depending on the theme), and I have no idea what Qt's uses, (I suspect that at least some Qt themes will be using + and -) but every GTK+ 2 theme which I've seen uses the triangles as you describe them.