Re: Displaying simple HTML in gtkmm app (got it!)

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 13:51 -0600, John Taber wrote:
> On Thursday 21 April 2005 12:11, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > You should use gmmproc, like the existing *mm projects. But I think
> > gtkmozembedmm is a more sensible way to embed HTML. People are trying to
> > move from gtkhtml to gecko.
> Except as I read it, mozembed is gpl not lgpl,

Mozilla is under the Mozilla Public License. I think that's LGPL-like,
but please see www.mozilla.org for details.

This is not an invitaion to have a big uninformed licensing thread.

>  also it's much bigger since
> it's a whole browser.

It's also on every linux distro.

>    Originally I thought gtkhtml offered a simple way to
> display html help and reports, but it now does not seem so and now I'm
> thinking the optimum way is to shell out to user's native browser.  Then they
> are always working in what they are used to and we have the full use of CSS,
> SVG, etc.  But that I guess is OS and window manager specific, maybe quite
> messy?

It's easy with gnome-vfs, and I'm doing the same with Glom.

www.openismus.com