Ambiguous partial specialization, gtkmm 2.2.5, Sun compiler

Hello,

This is in reference to: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2004-March/msg00072.html

I have the exact same problem with Sun Studio 10 on Solaris 5.9, compiling gtkmm 2.2.5. Was there a resolution to this problem? I did not see one in the thread. Perhaps it has been fixed in a later version?

I have managed to get rid of most of the errors by "disambiguating" arrayhandle.h. I eliminated the default template-template parameter throughout arrayhandle.h, and explicitly used that default in declarations.

I don't know if the "ambiguous partial..." is a problem with the Sun compiler, or if gtkmm is using now-illegal C++ syntax, or if gtkmm's use here is a gcc "idiom" of some sort.

Thanks!

Mark E. Wilson
Laboratory for Laser Energetics
University of Rochester