connecting a callback to a boolean value

Hello,

I'm trying to connect a callback function to a boolean value, ie the callback has to be called each time a variable equals true... It would be really helpful if someone has some code example... I spend a lot of time tring to use add_watch() with giochannel (or Glib::iochannel) from an udp socket of gnet library (if someone manages to do something with it, i'm really interested). So I decided to use : "gboolean gnet_udp_socket_has_packet <http://www.gnetlibrary.org/docs/gnet-udp.html#gnet-udp-socket-has-packet> (...)" with gtkmm signal handling ...

Any other solutions are welcome

thank you in advance