Re: Gtk::HPaned size and divider

Chris Vine wrote:
On Wednesday 13 April 2005 10:29, Matthias Kaeppler wrote:

Hmm, you didn't tell me why get_width() always returned 1 in my case :)
Why should/does it return a sane value when called in a signal handler?

Probably because it has not been realised. The best solution is the one which has been offered to you. (The signal will be emitted on realisation.)

Chris

The way presented here doesn't work. I have also written several mails with Vladislav.
His "solution" was to:

signal_size_allocate().connect( sigc::mem_fun( *this, &ApplicationWindow::on_hpane_geometry_changed ) );

The problem is, if I set the position in the allocation signal handler, the signal is emitted again and I'm in an endless loop so to say (program hangs).

Any other ideas?

--
Matthias Kaeppler