Re: Xlib: unexpected async reply

There is actually only one call to the main GUI thread and it is wrapped with gdk_threads_{enter/leave}(). I looked for any example code to use Glib::Dispatcher. I found one in the doc, however this does not use a GUI I guess. Is there anyway to follow your first suggestion?
Thank you,

From: Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com>
To: "MERT TUGCU" <merttugcu hotmail com>
CC: gtkmm-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Xlib: unexpected async reply
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:58:35 -0400

>Dear all,
>
>I have been trying to display video images from a DV camera. My
>application is multi-threaded and I am using pthread class. After

then you're not using threads correctly. the rule is:

     EITHER

         a) use gdk_threads_{enter,leave} or some wrapper thereof
	    around any and all calls to Gtk/GTK/Gdk/GDK/X functions,

     OR

         b) ensure that only one thread makes calls to
            Gtk/GTK/Gdk/GDK/X functions. Glib::Dispatcher is
	    a helper object that can assist here.

--p