Re: treeview and scrolling

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 22:21 +0200, danny van elsen wrote:
> hello Murray,
>
> thanks for the answer!
>
> I have had a look at the gtkmm example, but it seems to me that it will
> still call "get_data_row_iter_from_tree_row_iter" for every row in the
> data model, when initializing the model?
>
> I put a "cout" statement in this method, and the more rows (rows_count)
> there are in the model, the more output there is...
>
> Is there a way to avoid this?

I don't claim that the example is an example of an efficient TreeModel.
It's just a simple example of a custom treemodel.

It's worth exploring this - it should be able to do what you need. I'm
trying it in Glom too. Please do tell us about anything you learn.

Note that using TreeView::set_fixed_height_mode() might cause the
TreeView to call different vfuncs at different time. Maybe it can then
guess the row number to show without iterating over them all.

www.openismus.com