Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm 2.4 and MSVC++ 2003

Hello!

I've been reading thru the many questions regarding
this, but didn't get any real answers.
Is it possible to compile 2.4 with VC++?

Looks like nobody tested this or failed at sigc++.

now i'm attempting to build glibmm.  I'm using the old
2.2 project files (hope thats ok).

Yes, should be ok. Just verify that it include all relevant files.

the first is LNK2005 for a handful of the sigc++
symbols that the linker says are already defined.
I've read there is a way to make those warnings, since
they don't affect anything (is this true?)

Yes, this is a special option. I don't have it in mind, need to lookup it in the settings.

I'm not too familiar with dlls, but when it finally
links, it produces glibmm.lib (is this a dll?).

No, this is a static library. Creating a DLL is more complicated. All exported things (classes, variables, constants, functions) need to be prefixed with __declspec(dllexport) if compiling the DLL and with __declspec(dllimport) if you want to use the DLL.

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060