Re: [gtkmm] ComboxText : remove a string ?

> Hi all,
>
> I am sorry to importune you with my (stupid?) question but I found no
> response on Gtkmm book and documentation to delete a string from a
> ComboBoxText whereas this function exist in Gtk+.

Yes, I think that I had to reimplement a ComboBox for text in glom:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/glom/glom/mode_design/fields/

We should add a method for this to GtkComboBoxText in gtkmm 2.5/2.6, so
that this is not necessary. I think I already added a TODO to the .hg
file.

But you don't _need_ this now. Remember that GtkComboBoxText is just a
convenience class, so that you don't need to define the GtkTreeModel and
assign a model column to a cell renderer. Likewise, functions such as
gtk_combo_box_remove_text() are just convenience functions.

So, if you want to use GtkComboBox directly, you can look at
GtkComboBoxText as an example.

> void gtk_combo_box_remove_text(GtkComboBox *combo_box,gint position);

I think that's also new in GTK+ 2.5. I might be wrong.