Re: creating a vector of a vector of Gtk::ToggleButton

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 13:53, Chris Vine wrote:
> On Saturday 30 October 2004 16:05, Carl Nygard wrote:

> An option of locking the reference count would also be nice, for thread safety
> purposes, but that would then make it dependent on a particular
> locking/threading library and/or particular processor instructions for
> individual platforms.

Alexandrescu has some nifty idioms to deal with this type of thing.  I'd
actually be interested in trying it out, although I've read somewhere
that making smartptr's threadsafe is difficult/impossible (I think it
had to do with non-invasive types).

> I don't think the LGPL works with this kind of templated library.  You would
> probably need to employ the modified GPL under which libstdc++ is distributed
> in g++ (this allows users to incorporate it, including headers, in users'
> code without GPLing the users' code).

Thanks for the info.  Perhaps public domain or BSD is best.  Like I
said, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Regards,
Carl