Re: gtkmm2.4 and MSVC (again)

Cedric Gustin wrote:

You're absolutely right. There are some inconsistencies in the way
global variables are dll exported (gendef <->
__declspec(dllimport/dllexport) with GLIBMM_API #dedfines).

I think I found the solution. Please try the following :

1. Replace the gtkmmconfig.h and glibmmconfig.h files with the ones I
will send you privately (other interested people: please email me to get
the files). Carefully check your glibmm and gtkmm project properties,
especially the "Additional Include Directories" entry, and copy the new
config files into the appropriate directory (glib or MSVC_Net2003)
2. Define the glibmm_COMPILATION and DLL_EXPORT variable in the MSVC
glibmm project, gtkmm_COMPILATION and DLL_EXPORT in the gtkmm project.
3. Recompile glibmm and gtkmm

Hopefully, no more linker warnings with "inconsistent dll exporting" or
"multiply defined symbols".

Your config files do clean-up the linker warnings, but they do not solve the RTTI exception, which can be verified with the example provided by "mh" that I forwarded to you. Also, the correct preprocessor #define for the glibmmconfig.h file seems to be "GLIBMM_BUILD".

Cheers,
Tim