TreeModelFilter and set_visible_func

I downloaded and installed gtkmm-2.4.6. And now the
TreeModelFilter::create function seems to work or at least it doesn't
give any warnings.

However I haven't figured out how to use that set_visible_func
correctly. I tried declaring the "user function" as static and like the
documentation says and it compiles fine but segfaults( don't have any
debug information about that, sorry ). I did it like this:

static bool FilterArtists(const Gtk::TreeModel::const_iterator& iter);

gArtistsFilter->set_visible_func( &mainWin::FilterArtists );

and I'm pretty sure that I'm doing something wrong here.. and It doesn't
segfault if I comment that set_visible_func.