Re: [gtkmm] Gtk::Entry signals

Murray Cumming wrote:

Hi,

Is there a reason why signals "signal_cut/copy/paste_clipboard" were
removed from Gtk::Entry classin Gtkmm-2.4? I found that they are still
exists in GTK+-2.4.

They are key-binding signals (they use GTK_SIGNAL_ACTION, as you can see
in http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gtk%2B/gtk/gtkentry.c?view=markup). Such
signals are almost always only useful to accessibility technologies, such
as gnopernicus.

There's probably a better way to do whatever you are trying to do with
these signals.
Actually, I have an Entry widget where I would to handle the input manually, so, cut and paste from/to it could "damage" my formatted string. I've used the callbacks to signal_cut/paste_clipboard() to call emission_stop() there. Any suggestion, how to disable cut and paste, but leave copy ability in the Gtk::Entry widget?

thanks in advance,
-andrew