Re: [gtkmm] Re: Difference between Glade and LibGlade

Benjamin Lau Wei Yii wrote:
What's the difference between glade and libglade, and once i have downloaded glade, must I download libglade. The site I am referring to is http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=Downloads .

glade : GTK+ interface builder. Create XML files (.glade) describing your interface.

libglade : library that loads the .glade files at runtime.

Both are included in the gladewin32 all-in-one (developer) installer. libglade is included in the gladewin32 runtime installer (as it is required at runtime if your application uses this library !!!).

libglademm (included in my gtkmm binaries) is the C++ binding to libglade.

More details in the GTK+ and gtkmm docs. And, as usual, if you had googled quite a bit...

Cedric