Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm-2.4 on MSVC

> A few weeks ago I set out to reach a similar goal, but to my shame the
> attempt petered. The reason was that fixing the linking problems required
> dllimport/dllexport to be added in front of all class declarations (in the
> .hg and .ccg files to keep those changes), plus some other places, namely
> statically declared functions in .ccg files and all global objects, which
> should keep their 'extern' specifier in their declaration. Well, I tried
> disentangle the m4 macro files but didn't have enough time to pursue.

You probably want to put these directly into the .hg files, though you
might find somewhere appropriate in glibmm/tools/m4/class_*.m4.

See glibmm/docs/internal/ for fuller information about our code generation.

I suggest that you base the macro on the one from libsigc++.

Didn't this work already with gtkmm 2.0, or was that just for static
libraries?

www.openismus.com