Re: [gtkmm] Error in compliing gtkmm program using GCC 3.4.2

> > Strange everytime I make a new prj I have to alter
> those files else it
> > won't configure/compile.
>
> I expect that's true, but it has nothing to do with
> regexxer, whose
> project files were never generated by anjuta.
>
> > What do you think its the fault then.
>
> Like I said, maybe it needs some extra casts for the
> new version of g++.

> > Yeah I
> > see there are some casting troubs, but isn't that
> the fault he is
> > looking for 'gtkmm-2.0' and don't find it?
>
> No, I don't think that this is the same compiler
> error that you have seen
> in that case.

I realised that regexxer was looking for gtkmm-2.0. (I
have gtkmm 2.2.12 in my system as well).
But after I modified the configure.ac file to adapt
it to gtkmm 2.4, I found that regexxer is not ready
for gtkmm 2.4 at all (correct me if I am wrong), say
it still uses "SigC::Object" that the new libsigc++
doesnot like. Apart from that, I still got some cast
errors, such as

filebuffer.cc:799:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/refptr.h:199: error:
invalid conversion from `const Gtk::TextMark*' to
`Gtk::TextMark*'

It is not easy to manually add extra cast to glibmm as
you suggested, as that seems to happen everywhere.

One strage thing is that the gtkmm 2.4 itself is
compiled OK using gcc 3.4. (I "emerge" it from
gentoo's  repository). Gentoo people may do some
magic. I will try to find out.

Cheers,
Dan

=====