Re: [gtkmm] gtkmozembedmm v.libgtkembedmoz.so

Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> writes:

> On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 21:22 +0400, Max Vasin wrote:
>> "Murray Cumming" <murrayc murrayc com> writes:
>>
>> > I built and installed gtkmozembedmm in my jhbuild environment. When I try
>> > to run an example, I get this error:
>> >
>> > [murrayc localhost htmlview]$ ./htmlview
>> > /home/murrayc/cvs/gnome210/gtkmozembedmm/examples/htmlview/.libs/lt-htmlview:
>> > error while loading shared libraries: libgtkembedmoz.so: cannot open
>> > shared object file: No such file or directory
>> > [murrayc localhost htmlview]$
>> >
>> > What do you recommend?
>> Well, check your /etc/ld.so.conf. If ./configure has succeeded
>> gtkmozembed is installed on your system. E.g. on my Slackware box I
>> had to edit /etc/ld.so.conf.  At this this time that is all I can
>> say. I'll also recheck gtkmozembedmm installation in jhbuild
>> environment.
>
> Oh, yes, gtkmozembed is installed, but people shouldn't have to edit
> their ld.so.conf to use it. For instance, epiphany does not require
> this.
I agree, but FYI - epiphany (and galeon) uses it own binding based on
gtkmozembed (look at epiphany/galeon sources). Your trouble is related
with incorrect mozilla installation - this probably bug in the mozilla
package. This bug is present (as I've already mentioned) in Slackware
- mozilla shared libraries are in /usr/lib/mozilla-<Mozilla-Version>
instead of /usr/lib.

--
WBR, Max Vasin.
        JID: maxvasin jabber ru