Re: colormap assertion errors

B.Hakvoort wrote:

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 09:51 -0600, Rob Benton wrote:
Hey I've been working with the drawarea widgets lately and I've run into
a strange problem.  I don't know if I've found a bug or if something is
missing from my code.

Basically what I have is a window with an eventbox which holds a
drawarea widget.  When clicked it pops up a dialog with another drawarea
widget.  If I open this dialog 10 times or more, when I close the main
window I get lots of GDK_IS_COLORMAP assertion errors.

Hi Rob,

A while ago i experienced something similar.. It turned out i didn't
free colors i had allocated before with alloc_color() .

To free them i use free_colors()

I'm not sure if this will help you, but's it's worth the try ;)

so maybe you know what the ncolors argument in
void Gdk::Colormap::free_colors(Color&        colors,    int      ncolors)
is for ? i asked this some time ago, and murray told me i should file a bug, which i did ...

ps: in gtkmm-2.2 this function looks different: void free_colors (GdkColor* colors, int ncolors) which seems to
     make more sense ....