Re: [sigc] Re: [Boost-users] Signals & Slots

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 20:32 -0500, Carl Nygard wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 14:09, Doug Gregor wrote:
> > On Nov 18, 2004, at 1:10 PM, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > I'm not in a position to do this at the moment, although possibly in
> > the future. It would be *wonderful* if someone went off and studied
> > both libraries in-depth to make this comparison, especially if that
> > person was not intimately familiar with either library beforehand.
> >

> Available: http://www.3sinc.com/opensource/boost.bind-vs-sigc2.html

Well done.

But it needs several corrections:

0. Please call libsigc++ "libsigc++" rather "than "SigC++".

1. Shulze -> Schulze.

2. libsigc++2 uses sigc::signal<>, not sigc::signal[1/2/3/4/5]<>.

3. Signals with return values, with multiple handlers, seems like a more
advanced issue that should be mentioned at the end.

4. I have no idea what this does in your example:
"sig.slots().push_front()".
You can just use connect() again for a second slot. And you certainly
shouldn't need to use it again for every slot after already using
connect().

5. I can't find a mention of member method handlers. I would prefer that
the simple stuff that I mentioned was dealt with first.

www.openismus.com