signal_move_cursor gone in 2.4

Can I ask the gurus on this list a about a signal that was removed when moving from 2.0/2 to 2.4?

There is a textview, and the verse number is updates using a signal that is given when the cursor moves in the view.

In 2.0 and 2.2 this code works:

textview.signal_move_cursor().connect
 (SigC::slot(*this, &MainWindow::on_cursor_moved));

void MainWindow::on_cursor_moved
(Gtk::MovementStep step, int count, bool extended_selection);

In 2.4 signal_move_cursor is no longer there. Which new signal has the same function? And what is the prototype of the function it calls?

I anybody could help me with this, that would be great.

Thanks,

Teus Benschop