Gtk::DrawingArea

Hi, I'm trying to capture a click inside a Gtk::DrawingArea to create a simple "painting" app (by drawing a pixel and the clicked location)... Since they DrawingArea itself does not have any specific signals, I attempted to use both the 'signal_event()' and 'signal_button_press_event()' signals (w/in Gtk::Widget) without success... I've been looking at the documentation for the last hour and can't find any other possibilities... Does anyone know how to do this...??? Am I missing something really simple...???

	- Ian

"Should array indices start at 0 or 1???  My compromise of 0.5 was
 rejected without, I thought, proper consideration..."
	-- Stan Kelly-Bootle