Re: [gtkmm] libsigcx and gtkmm 2.4

Hi Martin!

Martin Schulze wrote:

Which classes from libSigCX do you need? At some time I had some
random thoughts about libSigCX & sigc++-2.0 - Some things should be
much easier to implement with the new API.

My app depends rather heavily on SigCX::GtkDispatcher and SigCX::ThreadTunnel to do cross-thread signalling. I also pass around a lot of signal arguments by reference, so I also depend on beeing able to have fully synchronous signals.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to extend the existing Glib::Dispatcher mechanism to provide the functionality of SigCX? IMO, Glib::Dispatcher is rather useless in its current form, and yet, cross-thread signalling is definitely one of the, if not _the_, most convenient and elegant way of doing multithreaded gtkmm programming...

--
Christer Palm