Re: [gtkmm] Touch Screens

"Jeffrey S. Gavin" <jeff ezclick net> writes:

[touchscreens]

I've written Gtkmm keyboard and numeric keypad widgets for text and
number entry.  I then derived TouchEntry from Gtk::Entry and
TouchNumericEntry from Gtk::SpinButton, so clicking on these widgets
pops up the touchscreen entry widget.

I think Atk would be a better (more generic) way to achieve what I
want (no direct application support is required).  Would this be
possible?

> Another quirk that I had was with the elographics_drv.o (since we
> were using elo touch screens).  For some reason we had to replace
> this file with one from an old redhat system in order to have it
> work correctly.  I'm sure there is a simpler way to get it to work.

Nowadays XFree86 provides these directly (did you get yours as a
patch?).  For example:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier      "TouchScreen Mouse"
	Driver          "mutouch"
	Option		"Type"	"finger"
	Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
	Option          "Device"                "/dev/ttyS0"
	Option		"ScreenNo"	"0"
	Option		"MinX"	"0"
	Option		"MaxX"	"16383"
	Option		"MinY"	"0"
	Option		"MaxY"	"16383"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier	"Default Layout"
	Screen		"Default Screen"
	InputDevice	"Generic Keyboard"
	InputDevice	"Generic Mouse"
	InputDevice	"TouchScreen Mouse"
EndSection

> When our schedule permits I would like to write a calibration routine
> in gtkmm so that our customers can calibrate their own touchscreens
> easily.  Does anyone know of one that is out there?

No.  Don't you need to restart the X Server to change the calibration?
I calibrated mine by hand with a bit of guesswork and fine-tuning,
only to find it identical to the example config in the touchscreen
HOWTO!

--
Roger Leigh