Re: [gtkmm] API documentation: still aiming for 100%

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 09:35, Matthew Walton wrote:
> I've found a few things in the docs I can have a go at - there's a lot
> of stuff in GDK, but I don't feel I understand it well enough to have a
> go at that yet.

If you don't do anything, please at least mention it in a bugzilla bug,
with specific information.

>  gtkmm offers plenty of work though. One thing I would
> like to know though, if we need to override the automatic documentation
> for a method (I'm thinking specifically of Gtk::Dialog::add_button here,
> among others, because the docs don't cope with the overloaded version)
> can we just put a Doxygen block in the hg file or does it require magic
> elsewhere?

I think it's best to copy/paste/change the docs from gtk_docs.xml (the C
docs) to gtk_docs_override.xml.

I think you can also override the generated documentation by putting
doxygen comments into either the .hg or .ccg file (I forget. It uses an
obscure doxygen feature), but I would prefer to keep it centralised in
gtk_docs_override.xml for now.

Thanks.