[gtkmm] Re: Actions / UIManager and OO programming style

Hi,

Christer Palm <palm nogui se> writes:

> Second, Action doesn't have any useful public/protected
> constructors. This makes it impossible to subclass Action, which
> seems to me like a natural way of creating actions.

GtkAction (as well as GtkUIManager) can of course be subclassed. All
parameters that need to be passed to gtk_action_new() are properties.
We successfully derive from GtkAction in The GIMP:

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gimp/app/widgets/gimpaction.c?view=markup

Sven